Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
- You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more.
- You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.
- When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement.
- They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make fool of yourself.
- Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful.
- There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quite calmness when they are around.
- You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are.
- The things that seem insignificant to most people become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.
- Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again.
- Colours seem brighter and more brilliant.
- Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all.
- A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.
- In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.
- Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is special to you.
- You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.
You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow you heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
An hour, one hour, can change everything forever. An hour can save your life. An hour can change your life. Sometimes an hour is a gift we give ourselves. For some, an hour can mean almost nothing. For others, an hour makes all the difference in the world. But in the end, it’s still just an hour. One of many. Many more to come. Sixty minutes. Thirty-six hundred seconds. That’s it. Then it starts all over again. And who knows what the next hour might hold.
You don’t need anyone’s affection or approval in order to be good enough. When someone rejects or abandons or judges you, it isn’t actually about you. It’s about them and their own insecurities, limitations, and needs, and you don’t have to internalize that. Your worth isn’t contingent upon other people’s acceptance of you — it’s something inherent. You exist, and therefore, you matter. You’re allowed to voice your thoughts and feelings. You’re allowed to assert your needs and take up space. You’re allowed to hold onto the truth that who you are is exactly enough. And you’re allowed to remove anyone from your life who makes you feel otherwise.
There is always one person you love who becomes that definition. It usually happens retrospectively, but it happens eventually. This is the person who unknowingly sets the template for what you will always love about other people, even if some of these lovable qualities are self-destructive and unreasonable. The person who defines your understanding of love is not inherently different than anyone else; they’re often just the person you happen to meet the first time you really, really, want to love someone. But that person still wins. They win, and you lose. Because for the rest of your life, they will control how you feel about everyone else.
There’s nothing in the world like being young and in love. It gives you the power to do things you would never have had the courage to do otherwise. It inspires you to make yourself vulnerable, put your heart on the line…To give more than you can give. To speak heart-felt sentiments you thought only existed in old books and flowery poetry. And it can make you forget everything except love itself. That one thing that makes life worth living. The object of your affection…Inspired by love, we can move mountains, make great changes, do great things. But we can also become so blinded by it that we forget everything, everyone. Even ourselves
But then I think about everything that kiss brought into my life. What it was like to look at you and know not just what you were thinking, but also what you were feeling because I was feeling the same thing, and then it’s worth it. It’s..worth all the pain that I’m going through. I want to regret kissing you, but I can’t. It was the smartest decision I ever made.
You probably don’t even remember. It was just this thing. There you were, above me, and you started brushing my hair off my forehead, and it felt so nice. It made me feel… safe. Like no matter what, you were gonna protect me. Years from now, when I think back, I’m not gonna remember the clumsy positioning or the morning-after awkwardness or if the experience itself met the textbook definition of great sex. What I’m gonna remember is how sweet you were. And how you took me to this brand new place.
The bottom line is, life is about learning, whether you’re in school or not. We are human. We make mistakes. But your lowest moment might also be the one where you begin to rise, and rise. So double back. Regroup. Brush yourself off, and try again.
I wanna belive that you’re this perfect guy and everything you seem to be is true. But when I look at you, really look at you, I can tell that I’m just barely scratching the surface. You’re that book, with the pretty cover, the one that I just can’t wait to to get into. But you should never judge a book by it’s cover, because now that I’ve read far enough into you that I just can’t put you down, there will be a twist… and everything will change… and by the last page… I’ll be heartbroken.